1. The arguer may be right about…, but he seems to neglect(fail) to mention (take into account) the fact that….
2. Although many people believe that… , I doubt (wonder) whether the argument bears much analysis (close examination).
3. It would be possible (natural/reasonable) to think (believe/take the view) that…, but it would be absurd (wrong) to claim (argue) that…
4. A close (careful) inspection (examination/scrutiny) of this argument would reveal how flimsy (groundless/fallacious) it is.
5. However just (logical/sound/valid) this argument maybe, it only skims the surface of the problem.
1. From what has been discussed above (Taking into account all these factors/ Judging from all evidence offered), we may draw (reach/come to /arrive at) the conclusion that…
2. It is high time that we place (lay/put) great (special/consideration) emphasis on the improvement (development/increase/promotion) of….
3. There is no easy (immediate/effective) solution (approach/answer/remedy) to the problem of…,but ….might be useful (helpful/beneficial).
4. Following these methods (suggestions) may not guarantee the success in (solution to)…, but the payoff will be worth the effort.
5. For these reasons, I strongly recommend that….
This argument concludes/recommends/argues that…
To support this conclusion the writer cites…/points out that…
However, this argument suffers from several critical flaws and is therefore unconvincing/ unpersuasive as it stands.
One problem with the argument is that, the editorial observes a correlation between… and …, then concludes that the former is the cause of the latter. However, the editorial fails to rule out other possible explanations for…For example,… Any of these factors, or other social, political or economic factors, might lead to…Without ruling out all other such factors it is unfair to conclude that…
In the final analysis, the letter's author fails to adequately support the recommendation that…To bolster the argument, the arguer must provide detailed demographic/statistical evidence showing that…The author must also provide evidence--perhaps by way of a reliable survey—that…