1. The way students and scholars interpret the materials they work with in their academic fields is more of personality than of training. Different interpretations come about when people with different personalities look at exactly the same objects, facts, data, or events and see different things.
2. As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and more mysterious.
3. There is no such thing as purely objective observation. All observation is subjective; it is always guided by the observer’s expectations or desires.
4. Students should memories facts only after they have studied the ideas, trends, and concepts that help explain those facts. Students who have learned only facts have learned very little.
5. In any academic area or professional field, it is just as important to recognize the limits of our knowledge and understanding as it is to acquire new facts and information.
6. The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants.
7. Critical judgment of work, in any given field has little value unless comes from someone who is an expert in that field.
1、The more…the more…句式的使用。人们越幸福，社会越稳定啦、等等
2、还有一些比较常用的：There is no denying that…/ there is no doubt that…
3、疑问句。用于开头，来个设问句，在自问自答，提出自己观点;用于段中，比如举设想的例子：Can you imagine that…?/ How can one imagine…?
4、强调句的使用：It is people who…/ it is something that…
5、当你想表达“如果怎么怎么样，就是另外一种情况”—虚拟语气。为什么不来个虚拟倒装?Were(Had) it…，something would......